Thursday (Sept. 6) was my first official day of class and boy, oh boy was it interesting.
First of all, I am in the social science program, and intend to double major in Criminology, Law and Society, and Philosophy. I'm also taking French and Spanish on the side, plus an environment course because I have to.
Now that that's out of the way let's just say that high school and university are two completely different ballgames.
But now that I'm in university, I want to take it seriously. The only problem is, I have no idea how to balance it all.
So join me on my journey to finding that balance. I have no idea if I'll succeed or not. Do you?
This isn't a blog post where I share how to do something, because I don't know how to do it yet. I hope you'll join me on this journey and learn as well.
I give more frequent updates in my newsletter. So, if you want to subscribe, click here to join my secret club (lame name, I know).
What's been working?
- My bullet journals- I have one for personal/school and one for everything Thoughtfully Handmade.
- Planning out my social media content- I'm not excellent at marketing, but planning stuff out has taken a load off of my shoulders. Shameless self-plug, follow me on Instagram for updates on my biz bujo!
- Finding Sandra Clayton's Online Biz Superheroes Facebook group
- Getting in touch with a business analyst (Thanks Sophie!).
What hasn't been working?
- Using social media to bring traffic to my site and then converting customers.
- My self-doubt. It's crippling, and I need to work on my confidence.
- Putting most of my effort and focus on Instagram. So, so many people have told me that Pinterest is where it's at. So, I will be putting more attention there! Follow my boards on Pinterest because I share gift ideas that compliment my beautiful cards.
What do I need to do next?
- Focus on marketing my custom cards.
- Focus on creating a sh*t ton of Christmas, holiday and winter-themed cards for my Christmas market on December 16!
- Work with Daniela from Carepackaged on providing cards for her care packages! (I think that's called wholesale?)
I have no idea when my next update will be. I don't want to create a fixed deadline and add more stress when I already (!) have homework, tests and assignments to worry about... I will provide a link here once I do, though.
This is Yandy signing off for now! If you have some advice, resources or tips, let me know in the comments below!